Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cave of Horrors !

The cave is full of horrors,
and the loneliness, blue, shiver in the distance."

The night wind howls through the empty spaces and sings.

I love her and sometimes she loves me too,secretly.....I suppose

On nights like this, I wish I can hold her in my arms.
And kiss her so many times in the darkness of this hollow pit.

She loves me, sometimes I love her. Secretly I suppose...

How could I turn away from her and walk away?

To think I won't have her. To feel that I've lost her.
To hear the immense night, more immense without her.

And the poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.

Does it matter that my love couldn't keep her. The night is still full of horrors and she is not with me.
That's all. Far away, someone sings. Far away.My soul is lost without her.

As if to bring her near, my eyes search for her.
My heart searches for her and she is not with me.

The same night that whitens the same trees.
My voice searched the wind to touch her ear.
We, we who were, we are the same no longer.

Someone else's. She will be someone else's. All her kisses. Her voice, her light body. Her infinite eyes.
I love her, true, perhaps she loves me too.Love is so short and oblivion so long I presume.

So I turn., turn to walk away...
would she be happy if I show her I don't care?
or would be happy if I hold her tight in my grip and never let her go?

Because on nights like this I wish I can hold her in my arms,
my soul is lost without her.

I love her and sometimes she loves me too,secretly.....I suppose !

2 comments:

  1. Nash do you read neruda's poems? this reminds me one of his works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we never know the worth of someone or something until we miss it.!

    >>>my soul is lost without her.
    මෙන්න මේ ටික මීට මාසෙකට කලින් තේරුම් අරන් තිබ්බනම්.......

    ReplyDelete