Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Soldire

A friend of mine died.


Captain (Dr.) Mäga Thuiakontha – Yes a Christian Tamil.. pronounced as (මෙග තුයියකොන්තා) a Doctor who was attached to the Army operations. A class mate of mine and one of my good friends whom we always use to make fun of his name.


A bullet had went right through his face and had completely shattered his skull... the simple end result was a sealed coffin. Yet, the wounded soldier he was treating at the time is alive and he was in the funeral procession aided by clutches.


I am not a person who cry at a loss of mine, hence I didn't cry... but felt nothing but proud to have known such a man who laid his life down to the people of this country and it's freedom (of which way I would not argue here)


There was a small piece of paper.. framed and stood on top of his coffin. It was the last letter he wrote his mother 3 weeks back. Apart from the usual details of his... this was what he had said to his mother.



Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, I fear no hurt, I fear no remorse, I fear no sin, I fear no Man, I fear no enemy, I fear no DEATH. For I serve my brothers in arms regardless of my kith and kin. I save lives, I never take any, For THAT ma, I know GOD has a place for me with him.


Be it my own or the enemy.. I will save them, for LIFE is the most important thing God has given man and I will till my dying day, my dying moment... till my soul is embraced by god him self.. that's what I will do.


I am blessed to be your son, more all, I am blessed to be a son of this country.


Amaliya (his fiancée) is scared. Comfort her for me. You are the only one she would trust and rely on to get her through. But in any event if god has other plans for me, make her understand that she loved a man who saw no difference in the blood we all share and he was someone who fell with the blood of his patient in his hand...not with a gun and hatred in his heart.


Make sure you show her a life after me and make sure she lives it. Let her know that I will await for her at the other side of the dark tunnel.



May you rest in peace brother.

5 comments:

  1. හිතේ දහසක් දේ පිරවුනාට ඒවා වචන කරන්නේ කොහොමද කියලා තේරෙන්නේ නෑ. මගේ අසංවේදීත්වය වෙන්න පුලුවන්. ඒත් තවත් මනුස්සයෙක් වෙනුවෙන් ලොකු දුකක් දැනුනා. ඔබට, මිතුරාගේ පවුලේ අයට, අමාලියා ට දැනෙන්නේ කොහොමද කියලා හිතන්නවත් බෑ. ඒ දුක දරා ගන්න මගේ හිත ලොකු මදි වෙන්න ඇති.

    අපෙන් වෙන්වෙච්ච සහෘදයෙක් ගැන දුක් වෙනවා ඇරෙන්න මේ ගැන කිසිම විදියකින් කිසිම දෙයක් කරන්න බැරි වෙන තත්වයටය පත් වුනේ කොහොමද?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be it my own or the enemy.. I will save them, for LIFE is the most important thing God has given man and I will till my dying day, my dying moment... till my soul is embraced by god him self.. that's what I will do"

    he is a real man of God.

    may you rest in peace my honorable brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. යුද්ධය කවදාවත් මරණයට වඩා දෙයක් දෙන්නේ නැහැ...!

    මිනිස්සුන්ගේ හොද හෝ නරකවත් යුද්ධය දකින්නේ නැහැ..රුධිරය හා තරුණ ජිවිත හැර වෙන කිසිම දෙයක් යුද්ධය අවශ්‍යත් නෑ.. මේ යුද්ධය නිසා අපිට අහිමි වුනු එක් වටින ජිවිතයක් පමණයි.. ඔහු ගැන අපි දැනගත්තේ පුද්ගලිකව ඔහුව එක් අයෙකු දැන සිටි නිසයි..අපි නොදැන නැති වන ජිවිත.. කවදද මේක ඉවර වෙන්නේ?තව කී දෙනෙක් අපිට නැති වුනාමද?

    ආදරණිය ‍කොන්තා..
    සමහර විට මේ ඔබ ජිවිත් වීමට සුදුසු වටපිටාව නොවෙයි වෙන්න ඇති..ඒකයි දෙවියන්වහන්සේ ඔබව ඔහු වෙත කැදවන්න ඇත්තේ...සිදුකල සේවය තුති.. සාදා සාමය!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss...

    Just remembered this famous quote.

    "Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship. ...voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

    Hermann Goering

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Men we have..............good men we lost.......

    War is destruction of lives, war is blood, war is tears.........

    RIP Brother........

    ReplyDelete